Airport - About Us - Left Menu
Airport - About Us - Nanded City - Places to visit
Places to visit
The tourist attractions in and around Nanded include:
- Nanded City is conferred a status of “Holy City” by Government of Maharashtra due to presence of the Sachkhand Gurudwara, one of the five Takhats of Sikh religion - housing the Guru Granth Sahib and resting place of last Sikh guru, Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. It is the second most important holy place after the Harmandir Sahib Gurudwara commonly known as Golden Temple at Amritsar. The Airport is located at a distance of 8 km from the Gurudwara.
- Malegaon is famous for a very big fair held in honor of Lord Khandoba. This big fair namely Malegaon Yatra is held yearly. Malegaon is situated at a distance of about 60 km from the Airport.
- 330 years old stone monument, Masjid of Biloli is just 65 km away from the Airport.
- Located 70 km away from the Airport is the Kandhar Fort situated in the heart of Kandhar town; it has an ancient tank that is revered by the locals.
- Aundha Naganath - One of the 12 Jyothir Lingas, situated in adjoining Hingoli District at a distance of 85 km from the Airport.
- Mahur is the birth place of Hindu Goddess Renuka. A fair is held here every year on the occasion of Vijaya Dashami (Dasara), and is 130 km away from the Airport. Mahur is also said to be birth place of Lord Dattatreya.
- Parli-Vaijnath Temple is a majestic temple situated on a hill, and about 130 km from the Airport. It is one the 12 Jyothir Lingas, Lord Shiva has been worshipped in this famous temple for centuries.
- Unkeshvar is famous for the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and the hot springs located close to the temple and about 160 Km from the Airport.